Friday, May 18, 2007

Tempe International Triathlon 2007

Sunday, May 20, 2007 will be my first official Triathlon! I signed up for the Olympic Distance Tri which consists of a 1500m Swim (approx. 30 laps in 25m pool), 40K Bike (approx. 24.8 miles) and a 10K Run (6.2 miles). Am I ready for it? As ready as I'm going to be for now. I've started a new strength program using the P90X program from Tony Horton. Awesome, Awesome workouts! On top of that I've been swimming down at the gym twice a week, running 7 mile runs in 1 hour about twice a week, and biking (or spin class) about once per week. It's not about finishing for me, I want to do well. Which for me means finishing somewhere in the middle of the pack, maybe top 25 in my age group out of approx. 50. I would be happy with that. I've crunched the numbers quite a bit, but it's hard to say what I'll finish in with this being my first. I would like to think I'll be somewhere around the 2:30 to 2:40 range. I've printed out checklist to make sure I have all the gear, I'll be going without a wetsuit but with our temps being in the low 100's the last couple weeks I'm not to concerned about that. Anyway, I'll be sure to post how I did and then we will go from there in terms of what my next race will be and when. So wish me luck!

No comments: