Friday, January 2, 2009

Good day today!

This morning I woke up and headed out to the gym to get some laps in. I knew it was going to be difficult having not swam since June 6 months ago. Also my back has been hurting when I wake up in the mornings and I definately felt it in the pool this morning. Having said all that, I got 1500m done in 43:48. Not too happy with the time but I know it will improve.

This evening I took off on another run and did 6.5 miles in 1:00:40, took about 4 minutes off of yesterdays run time. I just felt a lot better out there tonight so I pushed the pace a little faster. Another interesting note was that my average HR was 163 tonight at the faster pace where it was 166 yesterday.

So two pretty good days to start off the New Year!! Tomorrow I plan to do a longer run.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Good job on getting moving!! That's the hardest thing to do!