Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recovery Run

Last night I headed out for a very easy "Recovery Run"! I heard different views on how much time you should take off after a race to properly recover. I have some goals set for my monthly mileage that I'm a little behind on and wanted to get something in. So I headed out for a 7 mile run but took it very easy. I have a nice hill right outside my door that starts my run off and last night I took it easy going up the hill, I ran the first third of the hill and then walked the rest.

The rest of the run was a combination of an easy 10 - 10 1/2 min/mile pace and brisk walking. It was a nice evening and I was definately feeling it in my legs so I just enjoyed myself and took it really easy. I finished the 7 miles in about 1:20 which gave me an average pace over 11 min/mile which is fine by me. The important thing was to get out there and get the legs moving again and log some more miles for the month. Mission accomplished.

4 comments:

matty b said...

I found your blog while i was searching for triathlons. It's ambitious of you to take on Ironman and i wish you the best of luck!

Diane C. Beck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane C. Beck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane C. Beck said...

OMG - email me (beckdiane@hotmail.com). My friend & I are driving to Tempe, AZ (from CA) this Nov 21st to register in person for IM AZ 2010. My friend lives in Chino Hills & I'm up north. We are also doing a documentary. Please go to our URL:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787993529/heather-and-diane-tackle-an-ironman-triathlon-help